Sunday 1 December 2013

Lip Stain

Hello,

The one thing I hate about regular lip stick is longevity. Once I take a couple sips of my coffee in the morning, I would have lip stick on the outside of my lips but nothing in the centre. So I thought that I would give the lip stain product a try. 

Luckily, the Revlon Just Bitten lip stain was on a sale (and marked wrong so policy at our local drug store is the first one is free) so I got 2 colours. 


I got Passion, a bright pink (not so work appropriate but sure is a fun colour)

and Beloved, a darker pinky colour that looks like my lip colour but better.

I tried Passion first (the moment I got out of the store in my car) and loved it. Now this isn't a glossy product so it can be quite drying. It does have a balm on the other side of the product to help set the stain and add a little moisture.


I absolutely love the way this colour looks and it's longevity. I decided not to take it off before bed (as I had only put the product on at 9pm) and when I woke up it was perfectly in place. 

A few days later, I gave the Beloved colour a try for my workday. Unfortunately, it does not have the staying power I was looking for but it is still longer lasting then a traditional lip stick. Overall, I am happy with the colour but when I opened the balm side it was broken :(

So, on first lip stain experience I am pleased with the product but am interested in trying some other brands to test te differences. 

If you have a suggestion for a lip stain for me, please leave a comment :) 

Steph xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment