Thursday 16 January 2014

Salon vrs Drug Store Nails

Hello!

I have always had a problem with my nails. Whether it be biting them or having the willpower to grow them out and they break. Sometimes I dream I had prefect manicured nails, especially when I was working as a bank teller, so I started experimenting with different artificially options. I have tried getting acrylic nails done at the salon and going to the drug store/walmart for glue-on nails. They both have pros and cons

Salon nails 
Pros
- relaxing application     
- last up to 3 weeks and can get filled to last longer 
 Cons
-hard to get off
-weaken the nails
-expensive to keep up 

Drugstore nails
Pros
-less expensive 
-easy and quick to apply
-minor buffing to nail 
-easy to remove
-come with extra nails to apply if one falls off or breaks 
Cons
-break easily 
-look less natural 

Overall, when picking fake nails you have to look at the length of time you want them to last. If you are looking for a long term nail solution or getting them done for an event over a week away, I would go with salon nails. If you have an unexpected event or are on a tight budget, drugstore nails are a great solution. 

One brand I would recommend from my local drugstore (Shoppers Drug Mart) is Nailene Designer Collection.
 This set includes glue, buffer (nail file) and a manicure stick. 


Let me know if you have any other nail brands you have used from the drug store in the comments below. 

Enjoy!

Steph xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment