Thursday 27 February 2014

Cinnamon Roll Cake

Hello!

My sister's birthday just passed and for her cake I decided to do something a little different. I like to experiment with her birthday cake (last year I used safe raw cookie dough as the icing and it was delicious!) and this year I thought I would try to make one of her favorite things into cake.

To start off you want to make sure this cake is as gooey as possible! When you look a box of cinnamon rolls, there is also a yummy, buttery, cinnamon layer on the bottom. To imitate this, I filled the bottom of both 9" round cake pans with parchment paper and filled with a cinnamon based. The base is made up of 3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter 
1 tsp cinnamonthen 


I set the pans aside and start working on the cake batter. After making the basic oil based vanilla cake, I took out about a cup of the batter and set it aside. 

Batter is ingredients are 2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup sour cream
3 eggs
1/3 cup canola oil

1/4 cup milk

I split the remaining batter between the two pans. Taking the batter that was set aside, I added 3 tbsp brown sugar and
1 tbsp cinnamon. This makes the batter a nice brown colour.

Add the brown batter into the centre of the cream batter in the pans and swirl them together.

Stick them in the oven for 30-35 mins or until clean toothpick.

I iced it with a cream cheese icing and decorated with fondant makeup


I think the cake turned out great!

If you do try the recipe, try heating the piece before eating it... It takes the cinnamon roll cake to the next level! 

Let me know if you give this cake a try this recipe :)

Enjoy!

Steph xoxo 


Recipe List 

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup sour cream
3 eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup milk


3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon

*all ingredients should be at room temperature for best results

No comments:

Post a Comment