Wednesday 27 November 2013

Fondant Polar Bear Tutorial

Hello!

This Thursday, Fanshawe College is doing a cake walk fundraiser for the United Way. This is the second year my mom and I have donated cakes for the event. This year I am doing a winter theme :) 

Here is a photo tutorial of how I did the polar bear that will be on the cake.


You will need:
White, black and brown/pink fondant
Small rolling pin
Small fondant mat 
Tooth pick 
Gum glue/ water


  First, make a cone shape with your white fondant


Make a U shape with your fondant and use some gum glue or water to tack it on top. Once that is balanced you can use your tooth pick (cut down to size, leaving enough room to stick on the head).
Next you want to make the legs. I am having my polar bear sitting so I have made two legs this shape.
Using a little gum glue, tack the legs to the sides of the body. 

Next you will want to use more white fondant to mild the head. Ensure that you pinch the top of the head to make hears and your finger tips to make the intendant for the eyes. Apply the head with a little gum glue and carefully stick into the tooth pick.


Next you want to put on the nose. I used a brown/pink skin colour for the nose and used a little gum glue to attach it. 



Finally, add the black eyes, mouth and skin colour (to make nose) for the bottom of the feet. 


Isn't he a cutie? 

Note: For any figures, I use premade fondant and I think it holds up best. This fondant allows me to make the figures without a long drying time between parts. I purchased this specific fondant (as seen in the background of the photos) from Bulk Barn.


Enjoy and Happy Christmas baking! 

Steph xoxo 







No comments:

Post a Comment